Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"comparison is the thief of joy"

I can not tell you how often I need to be reminded of these words. I deeply struggle with an idol of approval. The Lord is so gracious to me and is greatly growing me in this area but, I have so much to learn. I recently read this article and was so encouraged (but also, pretty convicted).

Ever since I became a mom I feel like this issue has become more magnified. Not only do I think people are watching me and judging me, I now think they are watching my child and his every move is somehow a reflection on me. Adam tells me all of the time to "get out of my own head," and he is so right. I am so inward focused. I am so self-consumed.

This article was such a great reminder of the freedom and security that we have in Christ! I don't have to be trapped in this "oh no, what will so-and-so think?" mentality because my identity is found in Jesus Christ-- the King of the universe! If I really believed and rested in this! Oh my, how different my life would be! If the Gospel really and fully has changed my heart, I wouldn't be weighed down by these insignificant fears. But it hasn't. I have to be refocused on Christ constantly; I have to reminded that HE loves me... so much so, that he died for me. This has to sink to in, over and over again. The only way for any of this to happen is through the Lord and not through any of my own attempt, and praise God for that. I am such a train wreck sometimes and I am so grateful that God sees THAT as good--- my total insufficiency for His total sufficiency.

Resting in His grace,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

/a>